Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What are some of the best ways to style hair once you've stopped relaxing it?

I just stopped relaxing my hair last spring. Before the relaxer I had thick curly hair. I want to learn how to deal with my hair now that I've stopped chemically treating it while i wait for my real hair to grow back in, right now I have to types of hair on my head thick curly hair and small waves. Any good hairstyle or product recommendations anyone?



What are some of the best ways to style hair once you've stopped relaxing it?

In the same situation- I'd suggest overall wavieness which can be acheived by using a hair polish found at a beauty supply store. It helps to prevent frizz and defines waves or curls WITHOUT stickiness or flakes or hardness.



I'd wash it every or every other day too- when going natural thats the one thing you can do now! There are many GREAT smelling shampoos out too- suave has many attractive flavors and the hair polish normally doesn't compete with the smell.



What are some of the best ways to style hair once you've stopped relaxing it?

let your hair dry natrually the go over it with a curling iron a little bit



What are some of the best ways to style hair once you've stopped relaxing it?

There are many things you can do, but getting a trim every 6 weeks to cut away the relaxed ends will keep your hair from breaking off and help your hair grow faster and healthier. You can try braids or 2 strand twists, but I would definitely recommend consulting with a stylist who specializes in natural hair. There is also product line called Kera Care that is excellent for your hair care. I believe you can order their products through www.avalon.com. Make sure you use good hair products (good does not necessarily mean the most expensive!), keep your ends trimmed, and avoid applying too much heat.



I wear my hair natural and I switch up each week. One week I will wear it curly (two strand twist with a good mousse and sit under the dryer, then take them down and go), the next week, I will shampoo, condition, blow dry and flat iron. I wrap my hair each night during this week to prevent from flat ironing every day. Hope this helps, good luck and be patient, it will get easier !



What are some of the best ways to style hair once you've stopped relaxing it?

roller sets, or braids. You can still get the permed look with a good flat ironing, oil, and a wrap. Any exposure to humidity will zap that, tho.



What are some of the best ways to style hair once you've stopped relaxing it?

Primarily, I would suggest rollersetting. And if your hair is still short, work with that lenghth and wear a "twa": (teenie weenie afro). You can add life to natural hairstyles by pulling in back with headband, or just cornrowing the front and leaving the back out. That works great with all lengths. And lastly I would not suggest KeraCare like one the previous answerers suggested. If you need more suggestions: www.nappturality.com

No comments:

Post a Comment