Monday, July 27, 2009

My hair is curly and poofy. I straighten my hair and it gets straight, but it gets poofy. Any sugges

My hair was naturally straight. One day, since my hair is VERY thick, I decided to thin out my hair. Turns out it was the worst decision of my life. My hair got curly and poofy and I can't STAND it. I really want to try to figure a way out to keep my hair straight, but whenever I straighten it, it still gets really poofy. I think I look really pretty with straight hair but I can't do it. I'd appreciate it VERY much if someone would help me out. I use that Sunsilk shampoo for poofy hair, and use a wet-2-straight straightener, so if you have any tips on how to style it to help me straighten it or something that would be great. Thanks everyone who takes the time to read this huge message lol and thanks to everyone who tries to help me.



My hair is curly and poofy. I straighten my hair and it gets straight, but it gets poofy. Any suggestions??

I dont have a solution but it's funny how no one is happy with what they have .. i have VERY flat hair and im trying to find ways to get it poofy and u're looking for the exact oppsite !



We're so funny !



GooD LucK by the way :)



My hair is curly and poofy. I straighten my hair and it gets straight, but it gets poofy. Any suggestions??

theres a bunch of products you can use for this problem, and its really really easy. theres john freeda products and friz-ease and stuff. just go to cvs, wallgreens, wallmart, or even target or something and look in the hair product isles. you'll find something for under $10 that will work.



good luck!



ALSOOOO... [i just read the rest of your details] i have really thick straight hair, that usually doesnt get frizzy. i decided to get it thinned out and it worked for me, except when i straighten my hair when its wet. i have a straightener that says i can do that, but i never do because it makes my hair frizzy and icky. so maybe thats the problem with your hair too!



ps. i think your hair might be dry if its poofing out like this all the time, so try a new shampoo, or maybe dont wash it every day [washing your hair everyday actually isnt good for it because youre washing away the oils that keep it healthy]



My hair is curly and poofy. I straighten my hair and it gets straight, but it gets poofy. Any suggestions??

Try also using Ganier Frutis sleek and shine conditioner, soothing milk, and sleek and shine leave in conditioner. Also, shampoo and straighten your hair at night before you go to bed, then in the morning just go over it once again to get whatever you couldn't get the night before, and hairspray it to make it stay straight.



My hair is curly and poofy. I straighten my hair and it gets straight, but it gets poofy. Any suggestions??

I love my curly hair. LOVE



and a lot of people admire me for it:



here is what I do:



shampoo I use: Fructis



conditioner: Pantene



both for curly hair



after I wash my hair, when it is still wet(I only dry it a little bit with the towel but make sure it still has enough moister in it) I apply some Biolage(sp) moisturizing conditioner. and even though it is a conditioner, i leave it in and it works and my hair is healthy. Then I scrunch my hair from bottom to top using my hands(it only takes me like 10 seconds literally so don't spend a lot of time on that cause scrunching is bad for your hair)



after when it is a little bit dryer, I put in a very little bit of L.A looks dark blue gel. just a little so that it will not get frizzy. a lot is bad for your hair.



also, another thing you can do for your hair is go to a professional salon and get a peppermint treatment on your hair.. it moisterizes it and it is very good!



also, ironing your hair is bad for you. it makes it dry and that's probably why your hair is getting poofy



My hair is curly and poofy. I straighten my hair and it gets straight, but it gets poofy. Any suggestions??

hey i have the same problem! my hair is thinned and layered, but it is actually better than before. My hair is super thick and if i let it air dry without tying it up it gets huge (but its not curly, just poofy). I dont really have a solution because i dont really think there is one, but i would recommend getting a better straightener. I used to have a wet to straight and it worked well, but my hair still poofed out a lot. I have a karmin titanium straightener, but sedu, chi, and ghd are probably the best even though they are expensive. Also try olive oil and coconut oil treatments every week or two to help moisturize your hair and cut down on the poof. I also like garnier fructis better than sunsilk ( i have anti-poof and straighten up but it doesnt work well :( )........... If you really want straight hair then you might want to get your hair permenantly straightened but it can damage your hair ALOT... .well good luck and i hope i helped and if your having a bad hair day you can always try a ponytail.... Even though i hate my hair a lot of times, its better than having super thin and fragile hair. It looks healthier and many people would love to have thick hair :)



sorry this is really long and choppy but i also remembered that if you put a little bit of olive oil in your hair when its dry after a shower, it helps reduce the poof a lot and highlights can also make your hair look less thick i think



EDIT: also, here are some hairstyles you might like :)



- try scrunching (but my hair looks really bad when scrunched, but since yours is curlier it might work(



- half up half down



- ponytails with headbands or clips



- loose braid (these look good with long and thick hair :) )



- put your hair up with the pouf/quiff



- make curly pigtails (depending on how old you are)



well ya good luck.. bye



My hair is curly and poofy. I straighten my hair and it gets straight, but it gets poofy. Any suggestions??

How to depoof %26amp; style Poofy hair



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/11/poofy...



Real Hair Solutions for Frizzy Hair



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2007/11/frizz...



Tips for all different type of Hairstyles



http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-42eT_e8_b...

No comments:

Post a Comment