Thursday, July 23, 2009

Interracial/curly hair?

So here's the deal. I'm interracial, and have hair that is very curly. When I shampoo it, it's so tamed, but once it dries, it poofs. It has plenty of defined curl, but the poof ruins everything! I use Pantene products, a difuser, and I've tried Suave gel, but it doesn't work that well. In the fall/winter, I flatiron it pin straight, and it looks awesome. But in the summer, I like being easy on my hair, especially since I'm a huge swimmer. So, in the summer my hair is not flatironed, but pulled back in this tight bun. But I want a style that isn't so hard on my hair for the summer. I'm looking for products that really work. Thoughts please!!



Thanks!



Interracial/curly hair?

well take it from a hairdresser, pantene hair products are a big no no especially for racial hair. pantene is full of wax fillers that coat the hair shaft and make it shiny but the wax weighs down the hair and breaks it. the breakage contributes to the poofy factor. you should be using a good salon product that is a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, like biosilk, paul mitchell or matrix. the biolage line is also very good. also make sure that you are using some sort of protective product when you flatiron your hair to protect it from the heat of the iron so it doesnt burn. again the biolage and biosilk lines should work well for you. hope that helps.



Interracial/curly hair?

I am not Interracial, but I have hair just like yours. If you don't put any product on it you will look like Tina Turner? Ha Ha, I can totally emphasize. What I would suggest is Mousse. It has saved my hair life. Gel is too heavy and flakes way too easy. Also try not to wash your hair everyday, the natural oils that your hair produce will help keep down the frizz without putting a bunch of product on it. Hope this helps.



Colleen



Interracial/curly hair?

I am mixed like crazy myself and I found that the best product that worked for me was New Era Hair Relaxer. It completely took out my poof and extends your curls so you can have your hair out curly or straighten it 10 times faster with less heat iron time on your hair...girlll..it worked awesome on me. it has no hydroxide or thio in it and its so gentle your can relaxer over it again..try it.



Interracial/curly hair?

hi there, i know how it feels sometimes to have curly hair for i have very curly hair too. applying a really good conditioner helps a lot. Garnier conditioners and L oreal conditioners are really good. After youve taken a hair bath with the conditioner and when ure hair is half wet, you can apply some gel and curl ure hair up neatly into little bigger curls and it looks really beautiful and attracts a lot of attention! one more thing is that if you let ure hair to dry by itself without using a hair dryer , ure natural curls come up and looks good!



Interracial/curly hair?

Use K-Pak shampoo %26amp; conditioner. Use biolage mousse. That works for me!



Interracial/curly hair?

I USE TO HAVE THAT PROBLEM UNTIL TODAY ...I WOULD TRY ALL KINDS OF CURLY HAIR PRODUCTS...



SO HERE'S WHAT YOU DO FIND A GOOD ETHNIC HAIR SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER MAYBE SOFT SHEEN CARSON BECAUSE ITS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR ETHNIC HAIR ..A GOOD CURLY HAIR SHAMPOO MIGHT WORK TOO.. OK SO THE KEY TO WEARING YOU HAIR CURLY WITH OUT THE AWFUL DRY LOOK IS MOISTURISE MOISTURISE MOISTURISE ..AFTER SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONING WHEN YOUR HAIR IS STILL WET TO THE POINT WERE IT HASN'T BEGAN TO DRY BUT NOT SOAKING WET PUT LOTS OF MOISTURISER IN YOUR HAIR PREFERABLY AN OILY ONE...THEN PUT A LITTLE BIT OF GEL ..AND WHEN ITS ALMOST DRY REPEAT THIS ONE MORE TIME AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD FOR THE REST OF THE DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment