Thursday, July 23, 2009

I have dry thick wavy/ curly hair what is the best method to straighten my unruly hair ???

My hair is really long, and gets frizzzzy fast, what styling products should I use and what equipment should I use ?? I am trying to find a shorter method to do my hair. Thank you !!



I have dry thick wavy/ curly hair what is the best method to straighten my unruly hair ???

I have the same kind of hair. First take a shower and get it clean. Then either let it air dry or blow dry it. As you flat iron your hair I recommend using vo5 flat iron straitening spray. Make sure you spray every section before straitening it. after u straiten your whole head put in some anti-frizz gel like sun-silk or garneir fructic sleek and shine. That's what I do and it keeps it nice for many days.



I have dry thick wavy/ curly hair what is the best method to straighten my unruly hair ???

QueenA; I would suggest for the first time have good stylist do it and then follow what was done ....good luck



I have dry thick wavy/ curly hair what is the best method to straighten my unruly hair ???

I have the same kind of hair, I always wanted to have straight hair and after trying everything under the sun, finally I found a really good flat iron for my hair is called CHI and is really good for our type of hair, first buy a good quality round brush a good blow dryer and good hair styling products when your hair is really wet let it air dry for a little bit, then put about a quarter size of straightning product blow dry in sections with the blow dryer then go over it with the chi and voila! you will have perfectly straight hair everytime!



I have dry thick wavy/ curly hair what is the best method to straighten my unruly hair ???

use a really good condition for your frizz example "Tigi Catwalk" it's made for people with thick curly hair.. I use it and love it... make sure you leave your conditioner on for about 5 min. or more depending on how dry your hair is.. rinse with cold water to lock in the moisture.. use a product called "It's a 10" it's a leave in conditioner and i use this also.. also you can add a dime size of the Catwalk conditioner to your hair after you get out of the shower.. no more than a dime size or it will make your hair look greasy.. this is healthy for your hair plus it will help cut down on the frizz... there is a straightening iron called wet 2 dry(my sister uses it), it's a good iron and works really good or you can buy a ceramic straightening iron (what I use) they are both great products.. I buy my iron by Revlon. Also use a shine serum about the size of a pea it will give you that extra healthy shine plus is will smooth out some of those crazy stray hairs...



I have dry thick wavy/ curly hair what is the best method to straighten my unruly hair ???

First of all, make sure you hair is conditioned. Deep condition your hair the night before you plan on straightening it, so you can cut down on frizz and dryness.



Now, there are two ways to straighten your hair. There's doing a blow-out, and using a flat iron. I'll tell you how to do both and what you need for each.



BLOW-OUTS



For a blow-out you'll need...



-hair dryer



-round brush



-anti frizz serum



-hair clips



-leave in conditioner



-wide tooth comb



How to do it...



-Deep condition hair the night before.



1. Apply about a quarter-sized amount of leave-in conditioner to damp hair.



2. Pin up three-quarters of your hair using a hair clip. Then divide the bottom half into 1" wide pieces.



3. Starting at the nape of your neck, blow-dry your hair on medium. Style with a ionic-and-ceramic round brush to boost shine and keep hair from drying out.



4. Dry each section starting at the roots and slowly working your way to the ends. Run a fine-tooth comb through each 1" wide piece after you dry it, and smooth hair straight down behind your head so it cools flat.



5. Repeat for the next three sections.



6. Smooth flyaways and frizz with a TINY amount of anti-frizz serum.



FLAT IRONING



What you'll need...



-ceramic flat iron (I LOVE the Chi)



-heat protectant spray



-wide tooth comb



-hair clips/hair ties



-leave in conditioner



How to do it...



-Deep condition hair the night before



1. Apply leave-in conditioner to damp hair and comb through with a wide-tooth comb.



2. Wait for hair to dry completely.



3. Once hair is dry, spray heat protectant spray all over your hair.



4. Pin or tie up three-quarters of your hair with a hair clip or hairtie.



5. Seperate the bottom section into 1" sections.



6. Flat iron from root to tip of each section.



7. Comb hair with wide-tooth comb.



8. Repeat for the other three quarters.



9. Comb hair with wide-tooth comb.



BUT REMEMBER...



Even with heat protectants, you still do some damage to your hair. So try not to flat iron or blow out your hair too often.



Good luck.



閳?Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment